Super Italian Chopped Salad
“Antipasto ingredients are sliced and diced to make this substantial chop salad. I like to buy sliced meat from the deli and chop it all up so you can get a bit of everything in each bite.” —Kim Molina, Duarte, California
Photo: Taste of Home
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 can garbanzo beans or chickpeas 15 ounces, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts 6-1/2 ounces, drained and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 can Sliced ripe olives 2-1/4 ounces, drained
- 5 slices deli ham chopped
- 5 thin slices hard salami chopped
- 5 slices pepperoni chopped
- 3 slices provolone cheese chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Pepperoncini optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with pepperoncini, if desired.
Look for pepperoncini (pickled peppers) in the pickle and olive section of your grocery store.
3/4 cup: 185 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fibre), 7g protein.