Strawberry Tostada Recipe
Number of servings : 6 Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres Special
Number of servings : 6
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
2 ½ cups fresh California strawberries, stemmed and quartered
½ cup chopped celery
½ cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp minced jalapeño peppers
2 tbsp lime juice
3 avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
6 7-inch flour or corn tortillas
6 tbsp crumbled mild feta cheese
1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
1. Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). In large bowl, mix together strawberries, celery, cilantro, jalapeño peppers and lime juice.
2. Add avocados; fold together gently.
3. Season with salt. Arrange tortillas on oven rack in one layer.
4. Toast about 10 minutes or until crisp and starting to brown.
5. Remove from oven and place one tortilla on each plate.
6. Divide strawberry mixture equally among the six plates and place the mixture in centre of each tortilla.
7. Sprinkle each tostada with chili powder and 1tbsp (15 mL) of feta cheese.
8. Garnish with 1 cilantro sprig and 1 lime wedge.