Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites
“After making little bacon-wrapped sausages for years, I needed a change! I had an extra sweet potato and half a package of bacon on hand, so I put on my thinking cap and came up with this treat.” —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes, about 1-3/4 pounds
- 1 lb bacon strips halved
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- maple syrup warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix butter and seasonings. Add sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Wrap 1 piece bacon around each sweet potato cube; secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Place on a parchment-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake until bacon is crisp and sweet potato is tender, 40-45 minutes. Serve with maple syrup.
1 appetizer: 60 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.