Orange-Glazed Chicken & Chorizo Meatballs
“These tasty southwestern meatballs warm up a buffet. I add pomegranate seeds, jalapeno pepper jelly and cilantro to make everything pop with colour.” —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|3-1/2dozen||25minutes + standing||15minutes|
|3-1/2dozen||25minutes + standing|
- 1 cup corn bread croutons
- 1-1/4 cups mild picante sauce divided
- 5 tbsp thawed orange juice concentrate divided
- 6 tbsp Chopped fresh cilantro leaves divided
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 6 oz fresh chorizo
- 1-1/4 cups orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2/3 cup finely chopped peeled mango
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds divided, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Crush croutons into fine crumbs. Add 1/2 cup picante sauce and 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate; let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro, egg and salt. Crumble chicken and chorizo into crouton mixture; mix well. With wet hands, shape into 1-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a 15x10-in. baking pan. Bake until a thermometer reads 165°, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together marmalade, pepper jelly, remaining picante sauce and remaining orange juice concentrate. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in mango, 1 tablespoon cilantro and, if desired, 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds. Pour sauce over meatballs. Serve with remaining cilantro and, if desired, pomegranate seeds.
1 meatball: 71 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fibre), 3g protein.