Caliente Christmas Cheese Crisps
“To fire up the crowd, I pack these homemade crackers with bacon, pumpkin seeds and French-fried onion rings. Dunk them in picante sauce.” —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3/4 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 tsp garlic pepper blend
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup crispy brown rice cereal
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled french-fried onions
- Optional: Pico de gallo or picante sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat the first 6 ingredients together until blended. Add flour; mix until a dough forms. Stir in remaining ingredients except optional sauce.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a lightly floured glass.
- Bake until golden, 14-16 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. If desired, serve crisps with pico de gallo or picante sauce.
4 crisps: 217 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fibre), 6g protein.