Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
“For a dessert that looks as great as it tastes, this one can’t be beat! Layers of rich pound cake, luscious cream and sweet strawberries make this treat very inviting.” —Marnie Stoughton, Glenburnie, Ontario
Photo: Taste of Home
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened (8 oz., each)
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 loaf frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (10-3/4 oz.)
- 3 oz semisweet chocolate, grated
- chocolate curls optional
- additional strawberries optional
- In a bowl, toss strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, orange juice and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream; set aside.
- Drain strawberries, reserving juice; set the berries aside. Gently toss cake cubes with reserved juice. Place half of the cake in a 4-qt. trifle dish or serving bowl. Top with a third of the cream cheese mixture, half of the strawberries and half of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls and strawberries if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
1 cup: 344 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fibre), 4g protein.