Grilled Halibut with Blueberry Salsa
“Give halibut a new, summery spin. The salsa may seem sophisticated, but it’s really a cinch to prepare.” —Donna Goutermont, Juneau, Alaska
Photo: Taste of Home
- 2 cups fresh blueberries divided
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 Jalapeño pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (plus 2 tablespoons) olive oil divided
- 1/8 teaspoon (plus 1 teaspoon) salt divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 halibut fillets 5 ounces each
- In a small bowl, coarsely mash 1 cup blueberries. Stir in the onion, cilantro, jalapeno, orange juice, vinegar, 1 teaspoon oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, pepper and remaining blueberries. Cover and chill until serving.
- Meanwhile, drizzle fillets with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt. Grill halibut, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa.
Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1 fillet with 1/3 cup salsa: 239 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fibre), 30g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.