Spiced Pumpkin Tiramisu
“I added pumpkin and subtracted some of the coffee flavour in a tiramisu I developed for a special holiday dinner. A new Christmas tradition was born!” —Heather Clary, Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup hazelnut liqueur
- pumpkin mixture:
- 2 cartons mascarpone cheese 8 oz. each
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 5 tablespoons sugar divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 54 crisp ladyfinger cookies about 16 ounces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine water, coffee, sugar and liqueur; cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a shallow bowl; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, pumpkin, 3 tablespoons sugar and spices just until blended. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into mascarpone mixture.
- Quickly dip 18 ladyfingers into coffee mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Arrange in a single layer in a 13x9-in. dish. Spread with 1-2/3 cups cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Refrigerate, covered, at least 8 hours or overnight.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Use a gentle touch when working with mascarpone cheese. It has a tendency to separate and become granular when overworked.
- Get ready for your closeup! For a gorgeous finish, sift the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the tiramisu.
1 piece: 491 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fibre), 7g protein.