“The key to a killer sangria is to start the day before by taking whatever fruit you have in the house—fresh or frozen—and soaking it in brandy or bourbon. Letting the fruit sit overnight infuses it with flavour.” – Chris Jacks
- Fruit-infused liquor
- brandy or bourbon
- fruit (fresh or frozen; berries, sliced citrus fruit work well)
- 2 oz fruit-infused liquor (with fruit, as above)
- 4 oz wine
- 2 oz soda water (Sprite or 7Up also works well)
- Pour desired quantity of brandy or bourbon into a pitcher or jar. Add fruit. Let sit overnight.
- Add fruit-infused liquor (with fruit), wine and soda water to ice-filled glass. Stir.