Root Beer Float Cake
“I add root beer to both the cake batter and fluffy frosting of this summery dessert to get that great root beer float taste. Serve this moist cake to a bunch of hungry kids and watch it disappear!” —Kat Thompson, Prineville, Oregon
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|15portions||15minutes||30minutes + cooling|
|30minutes + cooling|
- 1 pkg white cake mix regular size
- 1-3/4 cups cold root beer divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1-1/4 cups root beer, oil and eggs. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes or stir by hand for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the whipped topping mix and remaining root beer. Beat until soft peaks form. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator.
- 1 piece: 203 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fibre), 2g protein.
- Check out more cake baking tips we learned from grandma.