Roasted Vegetable Baguettes
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
2 red peppers, quartered lengthwise and seeded
4 short baguettes, about 120 g each, halved lengthwise
1 red onion, cut into small wedges
2 large zucchinis, sliced diagonally
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
pepper to taste
100 g feta cheese
- Preheat the broiler and cook the peppers, skin-side up, until the skins are blackened. Place the peppers in a plastic bag and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the cut sides of the baguettes under the broiler. Remove from the broiler and set aside on a board.
- Remove the broil rack and discard any crumbs from the broil pan. Place the onion, zucchini and garlic in the broil pan. Sprinkle with rosemary and drizzle with oil. Add pepper and cook for 8–10 minutes, turning the vegetables once, until browned.
- Peel the skin off the peppers using a small sharp knife and cut them into thick slices. Arrange the pepper and zucchini mixture over the bottom halves of the toasted bread, spooning all the pan juices from the zucchinis over the top. Arrange side by side in the broiler rack.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the vegetables and broil until the cheese is slightly browned. Top with the remaining bread halves. Cut the baguettes in half at an angle and serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:852