Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
11⁄4 lb (560 g) even-sized baby new potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2–3 large sprigs of fresh rosemary
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C) and put a kettle of water on to boil.
- Scrub the potatoes and put them into a large saucepan. Cover with boiling water, bring back to the boil and boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the olive oil into a large, shallow roasting pan and put it into the oven to heat.
- Wash any wax off the lemon and ﬁnely grate the rind or remove with a zester. Rinse and strip the rosemary leaves from the stems.
- Drain the potatoes well. Put them into the hot oil and stir well to coat evenly. Sprinkle the lemon rind, rosemary leaves, and some salt and black pepper over them. Make sure the oil is really hot before you begin roasting—the potatoes should start to sizzle as soon as you put them into the pan.
- Roast the potatoes on the top rack of the oven for 20 minutes, until golden.
Nutrients Per Serving: calories 158, carbohydrate 25 g (including sugar 2 g), protein 3 g, fat 6 g (saturated fat 1 g), good source of vitamins B group, C and E.
Suggestion: Choose tiny new potatoes, about the size of a marble, for this elegant dish. If you can only buy larger potatoes, cut them into halves or even quarters.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2286