Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
3 bulbs fennel, trimmed
Extra-virgin olive oil, as required
8 slices (100 g / 3.5 oz) cooked ham, in 1 cm (1/2”) strips
8 slices Provolone cheese, in 1 cm (1/2”) strips
Shaved Parmesan, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Cut each fennel bulb into 8 slices, vertically (starting from a rounded edge).
- Steam the fennel slices about 10 minutes, or until just tender.
- Oil the slices lightly.
- Place 8 of the largest slices on a baking sheet. Layer the ham, more fennel slices and cheese over the top, and finish with the smallest slices of fennel.
- Brush the top with a little oil and bake on the middle rack for about 20 minutes until the cheese is golden and melted.
- Serve on heated plates, drizzled with oil and sprinkled with Parmesan shavings.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2509