Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
4 egg yolks
125 ml (1/2 cup) powdered sugar
300 ml (1 1/4 cup / 300 g) ricotta cheese
1 orange, zest finely grated
60 ml (4 tbsp) semi-sweet mini chocolate chips*
60 ml (4 tbsp) candied orange peel, diced
60 ml (4 tbsp) pine nuts, toasted
250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream, whipped
125 ml (1/2 cup) commercial chocolate sauce
- Generously line a rectangular 1-litre / 4-cup mould or 6 individual moulds with plastic wrap.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until thick and pale, and whisk in the cheese and half the orange zest.
- Add the chocolate chips, candied peel and pine nuts, stir to combine, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into the mould, fold over the plastic wrap to seal and cover with aluminum foil. Freeze for 8 hours.
- Half an hour before serving, unmould onto a serving platter, remove the aluminum foil and plastic wrap. Let sit 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, add remaining orange zest to the chocolate sauce and heat gently.
- Serve semifreddo drizzled with hot flavoured chocolate sauce.
* Coarsely grated semi-sweet chocolate may also be used.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2447