Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
20 ml (4 tsp) raisins
75 ml (5 tbsp) mixed candied fruit
45 ml (3 tbsp) rum
3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
675 g (1 1/2 lb) ricotta cheese
30 ml (2 tbsp) flour
125 ml (1/2 cup) icing sugar
3 egg whites
50 ml (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) Graham cracker crumbs
- In a bowl, combine the raisins, mixed candied fruit and rum and set aside for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Prepare the crust: combine the butter and Graham cracker crumbs and press evenly into the bottom of a 20-cm / 8-inch pie springform pan.
- In a bowl, beat together the egg yolks, whole egg, cheese and sugar with an electric mixer for 3 or 4 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth and uniform. Blend in the flour and the raisin mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the cheese mixture, using a rubber spatula.
- Pour the filling into the pan on the crust and bake 50 minutes on the middle rack.
- Turn off oven and allow the pie to cool for 1 hour with the oven door closed.
- Carefully run a sharp blade around the edge of the pie and unmold before serving.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2390