9 small round potatoes, red or gold, scrubbed and halved
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound sirloin steak, trimmed of fat, cut into 18 cubes
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ancho chile powder
1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 cup Low-Sodium Barbecue Sauce
1. Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
2. Toss the potatoes and 1 teaspoon of the oil in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave at full power until the potatoes are just tender, about 4 minutes. Uncover and let cool.
3. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and add the steak. Sprinkle in the remaining teaspoon oil and the salt, pepper, ancho chile powder, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme. Toss until the steak and potatoes are evenly coated.
4. Arrange 3 pieces of steak alternating with 3 pieces of potato on each of 6 skewers.
5. Brush the grill grate and coat with oil. Put the skewers on the grill and cook until the beef is browned on all sides and firm to the touch, 8 to 10 minutes, rotating every 3 minutes or so. Brush the kebabs with the barbecue sauce during the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking.
Nutrition Per Serving: 385 cal, 4 g fat (1 g sat), 68 g carbs, 23 g protein, 5 g fiber, 54 mg chol, 541 mg sodium, 55 mg calcium
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes