PREP: 15 min.
BAKE: 2-1/2 hours
YIELD: 10 servings
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons celery salt
2 teaspoons pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Dash ground nutmeg
3 drops hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
1 boneless beef top sirloin roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients.
- Stir in Liquid Smoke if desired.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; pour ketchup mixture over the top.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Skim fat from pan juices and thicken juices if desired. Serve with beef.