Raspberry Custard Kuchen
“Back where I grew up in Wisconsin, people have been baking this German treat for generations. We love it for breakfast or as a special dessert. It’s no fuss to fix and impressive to serve.” —Virginia Arndt, Sequim, Washington
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour and salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream; pat onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine the sugar and remaining flour; sprinkle over crust.
- Arrange raspberries over crust. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over berries.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator.
1 piece: 328 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fibre), 4g protein.