Pizza in a Mug
Enjoying your pizza via a mug is an easy way to practice portion control. “If you’re someone who can take down four slices of pizza this will definitely keep you in check,” says Vanessa Rissetto, a nutritionist.
Jim Wieland / RD.com
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/16 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 dried basil or oregano
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a microwavable mug.
- Add in the milk and oil with mix together. There might be some lumps, but that is okay.
- Spoon on the marinara sauce and spread it around the surface of the batter.
- Sprinkle on the cheese, pepperoni, and dried herbs.
- Microwave for one minute 10 to 20 seconds, or until it rises up and the topping are bubbling (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary).