Peppermint Patty Sandwich Cookies
“At my annual holiday party, these cookies are a big hit with everyone, especially when I mix festive food colouring or crushed candy canes into the filling.” —Amy Martin, Vancouver, Washington
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|3dozen||30minutes||10minutes/batch + cooling|
|10minutes/batch + cooling|
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix regular size
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mixes, eggs and oil; beat until well blended. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and extract until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.
1 sandwich cookie: 231 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.