Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
6 bell peppers, mixed colours
600 g (20 oz) Italian plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and sliced
2 red onions, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
24 leaves basil, shredded
200 g (7 oz) Provolone cheese, grated
- In a saucepan, blanch the whole peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes. Transfer the peppers to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap until they are cool enough to handle.
- Peel and seed the peppers, using a sharp paring knife, if necessary. Slice into strips and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler and place a rack on the uppermost level.
- In a large skillet, wilt the tomatoes, pepper strips, onions and garlic in the oil. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a baking dish. Add the basil leaves and combine.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese is slightly melted.
- Serve hot.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2484