Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
500 g (1 lb) commercial polenta, in 1 cm (1/2 in) slices
170 g (6 oz) spinach leaves, trimmed and rinsed
1 leek, washed and sliced thinly
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cream
1 ml (1/4 tsp) nutmeg, grated
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 piece, 150 g goat cheese, rind removed, diced
500 ml (2 cups) commercial tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Place the polenta slices in a buttered 23-cm (9 in) square pan, overlapping them to fit.
- In a saucepan, wilt the spinach over low heat in a few drops of water, stirring. Run under cold water, spin dry and arrange over the polenta.
- In a skillet, wilt the leeks in the oil and arrange on top of the spinach.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the vegetables and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake 35 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Serve with the tomato sauce.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2567