Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
2 cups (500 mL) graham cracker crumbs
½ tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
2/3 cup (150 mL) butter, melted
1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
1 package (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
1 cup (250 mL) chopped fresh strawberries
1 cup (250 mL) mini marshmallows
¾ cup (175 mL) mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 13 x 9-inch (3 L) metal baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch (5 cm) overhang at each end.
- In a bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon. Drizzle with butter and stir until crumbs are moistened evenly. Spread into prepared pan and press down to form an even base. Bake for about 10 minutes or until puffed. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until combined. Add strawberries, marshmallows and ½ cup (125 mL) of the chocolate chips and stir gently to distribute evenly. Spread over cooled base and smooth with offset spatula to even out. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until firm; or for up to 2 days. Cut into bars.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave remaining chocolate chips on High (100%) power for 20 second intervals, stirring often, until melted. Drizzle over bars before serving.
- Stir in ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped toasted pecans with marshmallows, if desired.
- For added fun with the kids, substitute the regular mini marshmallows for the colourful ones.
Per serving (1 bar): 190 Calories, Protein 2 g, Carbohydrates 14 g, Fat 15 g, Fibre 0.7 g
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:4005