Mini Puff-Pastry Tartlets
Serve these mini tartlets warm, sprinkled with chopped fresh herbs of your choice.
Number of servings :
Cooking time: 10-15 Minutes
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
3 lb. (1.3 kg) puff pastry
1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
3 oz. (75 g) Parmesan cheese, grated
4 tomatoes, sliced 6 oz. (175 g) goats’ cheese, crumbled
6 thin slices prosciutto, cut in half
2 mozzarella cheeses, (10 oz./280 g), each cut into 6 slices
Chopped fresh herbs, e.g. parsley, chives, basil, to garnish
- Cut the pastry into six equal pieces and roll each to a rectangle measuring 9 in. x 6 in. (23 cm x 15 cm). Cut each rectangle into six 3-in. (7.5-cm) squares, to make 36 squares.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Dampen enough baking sheets to lay out the pastry squares.
- Place the pastry squares on the baking sheets, leaving a space between them, and divide the pepper slices and Parmesan between 12 of them. Top another 12 with the tomato slices and goats’ cheese, and the final 12 with the prosciutto and mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven until the pastry is puffed and golden brown, about 10–15 minutes.
- Serve the mini tartlets warm, sprinkled with chopped fresh herbs of your choice.