Marinated Salmon With Caciocavallo Cheese
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
450 g (1 lb) salmon filet, trimmed
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
125 ml (1/2 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine vinegar
1 onion, minced
1 stalk celery, minced
10 ml (2 tsp) salt
4 bunches mixed tender greens (mesclun)
16 thin slices caciocavallo cheese
- Place the salmon in a sealable plastic bag. Add the garlic, oil, vinegar, onion, celery and salt. Seal the bag, coat the fish well with the marinade, and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning 2 or 3 times.
- Remove the salmon, reserving the marinade, and pat the fish dry with paper towels. Slice thinly and arrange in a circle on 4 salad plates.
- Fill the centre with greens.
- Garnish with slices of cheese.
- Drizzle with a little of the reserved marinade just before serving.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2384