Jamaican Salmon with Coconut Cream Sauce
“We try to eat salmon a lot because it’s so healthy, and I love thinking of new ways to make it different and delicious. This dazzler is easy and is my go-to meal for company.” —Joni Hilton, Rocklin, California
- 4 oz salmon fillets 6 each
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tsp Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place fillets in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread mayonnaise over fillets; sprinkle with jerk seasoning.
- Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 18-22 minutes. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan, combine sour cream, cream of coconut, and lime zest and juice; cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended.
- Drizzle fillets with sauce; sprinkle with coconut.
To toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
1 fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce and 2 tablespoons coconut: 497 calories, 34g fat (12g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fibre), 30g protein.