Halloween Pumpkin Bars
“My family loves the warm pumpkin fragrance that wafts through our kitchen on cool fall afternoons when I make these bars. Jack-o’-lantern faces only add to the festive fall flavor.” —Karla Johnson, East Helena, Montana
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|35bars||30minutes||20minutes + cooling|
|20minutes + cooling|
- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can cream cheese frosting 16 ounces
- Yellow and red food colouring
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Candy corn and additional milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Tint frosting orange with yellow and red food colouring. Frost bars; cut into 35 squares.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Decorate as desired.
1 bar: 243 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.