“When you add a drizzle of grenadine to your finished grapefruit margarita, it sinks to the bottom of the glass, creating a beautiful sunset look.” —James Schend, Taste of Home Deputy Editor
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1 grapefruit slice
- coarse sea salt optional
- 1-1/2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon grenadine syrup
- Moisten rim of 1 cocktail glass with grapefruit slice. If desired, sprinkle salt on a plate; dip rim in salt. Fill glass with ice.
- In an empty cocktail shaker, combine tequila, Triple Sec and grapefruit juice. Fill with ice; cover and shake until frost forms on the outside of the shaker, 15-20 seconds. Strain into prepared glass and top with grenadine (it will sink to the bottom of the glass). Garnish with grapefruit slice.
1 serving: 225 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fibre), 0 protein.