Salted Caramel Cookie Cups
In need of an item to bring to your office potluck? These salty sweet cookies will do the trick. The best part? Your colleagues won’t be able to decide whether they like the caramel or chocolate the best.
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|3dozens||30minutes||10minutes per batch|
|10minutes per batch|
- Cookie Cups
- 17-1/2 oz sugar cookie mix
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 36 caramels
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 36 pecan halves toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine cookie mix and flour. Beat in butter and egg until blended. Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls; press onto bottom and up sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, chocolate chips and confectioners' sugar. Place a rounded teaspoon of filling in each cup. Press one caramel into the filling in each cup. Bake until edges are golden brown and caramel is melted, 9-11 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt; top with a pecan half. Cool completely in pan on wire racks.
Originally published on Taste of Home.