Spicy Cilantro Margarita
“A margarita is a fun cocktail to play with because of its simplicity. Like a daiquiri or a gimlet, it follows a basic principle of three well-balanced ingredients: Your alcohol of choice (tequila for a margarita), your sugar of choice (whether it be a liqueur like triple sec or a simple syrup), and lime juice. Once you get the balancing of these three core ingredients down, you can start adding other elements to your liking.” – Chris Jacks
- 1-1/2 oz tequila
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- 1-1/2 oz lime juice
- pinch chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 drops habanero bitters
- salt to rim glass
- chili powder optional, to rim glass
- Rim glass with salt and chili powder (optional). Pack with ice. Set aside.
- Add tequila, triple sec, lime juice, cilantro, bitters and ice to cocktail shaker. Shake well. Strain and pour into prepared glass.