Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Breads and muffins | Breads and muffins
Special diet :
1 cup white self-raising flour
1 cup whole-wheat self-raising flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2⁄3 cup caster (superfine) sugar
1⁄2 cup dried mixed fruit or raisins
1 large carrot, finely grated
1 medium zucchini, finely grated
1⁄2 cup sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Using nonstick cooking spray, grease a 12-cup muffin pan (each cup should measure about 6 cm across the top and be about 3 cm deep).
- Sift the flours and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar. Stir in the dried mixed fruit or raisins, and make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl, beat together the carrot, zucchini, oil and eggs. Pour this mixture into the well in the dry ingredients and stir until almost blended, but with a small amount of dry flour still visible in places.
- Divide the mixture among the muffin cups, filling them about two-thirds full. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until the muffins are well risen, peaked in the centre and springy to the touch. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve the muffins warm or at room temperature. They are best eaten on the day they are made, but they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Alternatively, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
Nutrients per muffin: 247 calories, 4 g protein, 12 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 54 mg cholesterol, 32 g total carbohydrate, 17 g sugars, 2 g fibre, 180 mg sodium.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:1286