Triple Tomato Flatbread
“Tomatoes are the reason I have a vegetable garden, and I developed this recipe as a way to show off my plum, sun-dried and cherry tomatoes. It’s so easy, and will absolutely impress.” —Rachel Kimbrow, Portland, Oregon
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust 13.8 ounces
- Cooking spray
- 3 plum tomatoes finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup soft sun-dried tomato halves julienned, not packed in oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 cups yellow and/or red cherry tomatoes halved
- Unroll and press dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Transfer dough to an 18x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil coated with cooking spray; spritz dough with cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss plum tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes with oil and seasonings.
- Carefully invert dough onto grill rack; remove foil. Grill, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Turn; grill 1-2 minutes longer or until second side begins to brown.
- Remove from grill. Spoon plum tomato mixture over crust; top with cheese and cherry tomatoes. Return flatbread to grill. Grill, covered, 2-4 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
To bake flatbread: Preheat oven to 425°. Unroll and press dough onto bottom of a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Assemble flatbread as directed. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
1 piece: 235 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fibre), 8g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.