Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
4 slices white bread, crusts removed
250 ml (1 cup) parsley, chopped finely
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
125 ml (1/2 cup) butter
3 firm ripe tomatoes, in 1 cm (1/2 in) slices, seeded
- Preheat oven to 150°C / 300°F.
- Dry the bread in the oven, turning occasionally. Remove from oven and cool on the counter.
- In a food processor, pulse the dried bread to make coarse crumbs.
- Transfer the crumbs to a bowl and combine with the parsley, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs lightly.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium heat.
- Dip the tomato slices first in the beaten egg and then in the crumbs. Press gently with your palm to make the crumbs stick well to each slice.
- Fry 1 minute on each side and keep warm on paper towels as you go.
- Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2620