Fried Bocconcini with Rosemary
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
100 g (1/2 cup) bread crumbs
20 ml (4 tsp) fresh rosemary, chopped finely
150 g (1 1/2 cup) flour
200 g (7 oz) Bocconcini cheese
1 egg, beaten
4 very ripe Italian tomatoes, sliced thinly
1 small fennel bulb, minced
Fresh basil leaves, snipped, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
45 ml (3 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
10 ml (2 tsp) balsamic vinegar
500 ml (2 cups) vegetable oil
- Combine bread crumbs and rosemary in a bowl.
- Dip the bocconcini balls in flour, shake off excess, then dip them in the beaten egg. Roll in the herbed bread crumbs, shake off excess and set aside.
- Arrange tomato slices in a ring around the edge of each plate. Place some fennel in the middle. Sprinkle with the snipped basil and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Fry the breaded Bocconcini in vegetable oil until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Place fried bocconcini in the middle of the plates and serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2343