Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Breakfasts/Brunches | Breakfasts/Brunches
Special diet :
500 ml (2 cups) leeks, thinly sliced
45 ml (3 tbsp) butter
625 ml (2 1/2 cups) kale, chopped
6 eggs, separated
250 ml (1 cup / 150 g) Asiago cheese, grated
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Asiago cheese, grated, as required
- In a skillet, wilt the leek in the butter without browning.
- Add the kale and sauté a few minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F. Spray a 23 cm / 9 inch pie plate with olive oil.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks until they are pale yellow and thickened.
- Add the first amount of grated cheese, the cooled kale mixture and the salt and pepper. Combine and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold them into the kale mixture. Pour into the greased pie plate.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until the omelette is golden brown and the centre is well set.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and cut into wedges before serving.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2428