Eggs Florentine in a Mug
“Using a microwave to cook eggs is a quick and easy way to squeeze a healthy meal into your busy schedule,” says Jim Chakeres, executive vice president, Ohio Poultry Association (OPA). “Eggs can be mixed with your favorite ingredients, microwaved for around one minute then topped with cheese, vegetables or any other ingredient of your choice. As the least expensive source of high-quality protein at only 70 calories each, eggs are truly one of nature’s most perfect foods.”
Jim Wieland / RD.com
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced baby spinach
- 1 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
- Coat 8-oz. coffee cup with coconut oil. Add eggs, water, and spinach; beat until blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir.
- Microwave until egg is almost set, 45 seconds longer.
- Top with cheese and tomatoes.