Muffin-Tin Scrambled Eggs
“I made these one year at Christmas as a way to save time, and they were a big hit. I have to make a large batch because my husband and boys can polish them off in a short amount of time. These also freeze very well, if there are any left!” —Jill Darin, Geneseo, Illinois
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 24 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms finely chopped, 4 ounces
- 1 can chopped green chiles 4 ounces
- 3 oz sliced deli ham finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- pico de gallo optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper and garlic powder until blended. Stir in mushrooms, chiles, ham, onion and cheese. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture into each of 24 greased muffin cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until eggs are set, rotating pans halfway. Let stand 10 minutes before removing from pans. If desired, serve with pico de gallo.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled, baked eggs in airtight freezer containers. To use, microwave each serving on high for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through.
1 egg cup: 88 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 190mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fibre), 8g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat.