Blue Plate Beef Patties
“A friend and I discovered this recipe together and both consider it a staple menu item. I fix the moist ground beef patties often for family and friends. We love them with mashed potatoes, rice or noodles and the gravy, which gets great flavour from fresh mushrooms.” —Phyllis Miller, Danville, Indiana
Taste of Home
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 green onions with tops sliced
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar beef gravy 12 ounces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms sliced
- minced fresh parsley optional
- In a large bowl, beat the egg; stir in onions, bread crumbs and mustard. Add beef and mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In an ungreased skillet, cook patties until meat is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes on each side; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine gravy, water and horseradish; add mushrooms. Pour over patties. Cook, uncovered, until mushrooms are tender and heated through, about 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
1 serving: 438 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fibre), 41g protein.