Crustless Spinach Quiche
“I served this quiche recipe at a church lunch, and I had to laugh when one guy told me how much he disliked vegetables. Many people were surprised by how much they loved this veggie-filled crustless quiche—and he was one of them!” —Melinda Calverley, Janesville, Wisconsin
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushroom
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach (10 oz) thawed and well-drained
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add spinach and ham; cook and stir until the excess moisture is evaporated. Cool slightly. Beat eggs; add cheese and mix well. Stir in spinach mixture and pepper; blend well. Spread evenly into a greased 9-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
Test Kitchen Tips
- To ensure perfectly cooked quiche, start checking early to see whether it's done. Baking times are great guidelines, but because every oven heats differently, we recommend taking an early look, especially for cakes, cookies, muffins and delicate egg-based dishes.
- For cheese that's extra melty, shred or grate it yourself.
1 piece: 251 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fibre), 18g protein.