Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
450 g (1 lb) sweet Italian sausage
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
450 g (1 lb) red grapes
30 ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
16 to 24 toasted bread rounds
- In a saucepan, cover the sausages with cold water, bring to a boil, and poach for 10 minutes, pricking them occasionally to release the fat.
- Drain the sausages and cut them into 0.5-cm / 1/2-inch slices.
- In the same saucepan, heat the oil and brown the sausage slices. Add the grapes, cover, and simmer 40 minutes.
- Uncover and reduce over high heat until the liquid is syrupy. Stir in the vinegar.
- Serve in a heated bowl accompanied by toasted bread rounds.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2443