Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
2 medium zucchini, in 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) slices
75 ml (5 tbsp) olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
3 ml (1/2 tsp) dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
4 slices, 2 cm (3/4 inch) thick Italian bread
170 g (6 oz) Provolone cheese, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 210°C / 425°F.
- In a skillet, brown the zucchini in the oil. Add the garlic, stir, and cook 15 seconds.
- Add the tomato and seasonings. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat, or until the juice from the tomatoes has evaporated. Cool the caponata before using.
- Brush the bread with a little olive oil on both sides.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven, turning once to toast both sides.
- Rub the toasted bread with a clove of garlic (cut the clove in half and use the cut side for rubbing).
- Cut each slice of toast into 4 pieces. Spread with the caponata and top with a slice of cheese.
- Return to the oven until the cheese is melted and a light golden brown. Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2365