Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
2 x 100 g Goat cheese, plain
1 egg yolk
75 ml (1/3 cup) sugar
5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
2 fresh figs, diced
9 sheets phyllo dough
150 ml (2/3 cup) unsalted butter, melted
Icing sugar, as required
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- In a bowl, soften the cheese. Add the egg yolk, sugar, vanilla and figs. Combine gently and set aside.
- Cut the phyllo sheets in half lengthwise and cover with parchment paper and a damp cloth. Set aside.
- On a work surface, place one rectangle of dough with the short side facing you. Brush the dough with melted butter.
- About 2.5 cm (1 in) from the edge of the short side of the rectangle, place 15 ml / 1 tbsp of the mixture and roll up. Fold the edges in and pinch to form a sealed packet.
- Brush the top with melted butter and place on a buttered baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve warm.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2531