Creamy Seafood Chowder
Filled with bold and rich flavours, pair this creamy seafood chowder with Tom Gore Vineyards Chardonnay.
Photo: Tom Gore Vineyards
- 24 clams rinsed
- 2 lbs rock shrimp cleaned
- 2 lbs halibut steaks skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 leeks tops discarded, white part diced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 sprigs fresh garlic chopped
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes blanched and diced
- 1 cup Tom Gore Vineyards Chardonnay
- 4 cups fish stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- to taste salt
- to taste ground black pepper
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, on low heat, sweat leeks in butter until translucent. Add celery and cook until soft. Add garlic and thyme and cook for 1 minute then evenly incorporate flour. Raise heat to medium and cook for 3 more minutes while constantly stirring.
- Whisk in wine and cook for 1 minute then whisk in the fish stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and whisk in the heavy cream.
- Add the rock shrimp; once they are half way cooked through, add the halibut and clams.
- Once all the seafood is completely cooked, add the fingerling potatoes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.