Creamy Noodle Casserole
“My husband, Ronald, works long hours and frequently doesn’t arrive home until past 7 p.m. This casserole is ideal for those late nights—it’s just as tasty after it’s been warmed in the microwave.” —Barb Marshall, Pickerington, Ohio
Taste of Home
- 1 package egg noodles 12 ounces
- 1 package frozen broccoli cuts 16 ounces
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 tsp each garlic powder salt and pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and ham; cook until noodles are tender, 5-10 minutes longer.
- Drain; return to pan. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is heated through.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled noodle mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring; add broth or milk if necessary.
1 serving: 428 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1087mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fibre), 25g protein.