Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
150 g (5 oz) semisweet chocolate, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) orange liqueur
30 ml (2 tbsp) sweet butter
3 egg whites
3 egg yolks
30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
For the Topping:
15 ml (1 tbsp) unsalted butter
2 bananas, unpeeled, sliced in half lengthwise
30 ml (2 tbsp) brown sugar
- In a bowl, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Refrigerate.
- Melt the chocolate with the liqueur and butter in the top of a double boiler.* Cool at room temperature.
- In a clean bowl with clean beaters, whip the egg whites until they form soft peaks, adding the sugar a little at a time as you go. Set aside on the counter.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture, one at a time. Gently fold the egg whites into the mixture, using a rubber spatula. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Transfer to dessert cups and refrigerate for two hours.
- In a non-stick skillet, melt the butter and brown the bananas, cut side down. Sprinkle with sugar and continue cooking until caramelized. Cool on the counter.
- Top each serving of mousse with an unpeeled banana half.
- To ensure a smooth consistency when melted, the chocolate must contain less than 60% cocoa.
- The water in the bottom of the double boiler should be barely simmering and the bowl containing the egg mixture must not come in contact with the simmering water.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2708