Chocolate, Fig and Marsala Loaf
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Breads and muffins | Breads and muffins
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Breads and muffins | Breads and muffins
Special diet :
125 ml (1/2 cup) Marsala wine
50 ml (1/4 cup) water
250 ml (1 cup / 180 g) dried figs, chopped finely
180 ml (3/4 cup / 120 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
75 ml (1/3 cup) unsalted butter
150 ml (2/3 cup) sugar
425 ml (1 3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- In a saucepan, combine the Marsala, water and figs and bring to a boil. Set aside to cool. In a double-boiler, melt the chocolate chips with the butter. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Butter and flour a 23 x 12 x 7 cm / 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, beat the egg with the sugar. Add the melted chocolate, the fig mixture, the flour and the baking powder. Stir gently to combine but do not overmix. Pour into prepared pan and let sit 15 minutes.
- Bake on middle rack for about 50 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a rack.
- Slice and serve with a hot drink for dunking.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2181