Chicken & Vegetables with Mustard-Herb Sauce
“Here’s an almost effortless recipe that makes a simply delicious, comforting chicken dinner.” —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 medium red potatoes quartered
- 3 medium parsnips cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh baby carrots
- 4 chicken leg quarters skin removed
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup with herbs (10-3/4 ounces), undiluted
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh dill (or 1 tsp dill weed)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, place the potatoes, parsnips, leeks, carrots and chicken; pour soup over top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and vegetables; cover and keep warm. Stir the parsley, dill and mustard into cooking juices; serve with chicken and vegetables.