Chicken Liver Crostini
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
1 small onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
250 g (8 oz) chicken livers, trimmed, each cut in 3
125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine or white vermouth
2 anchovy fillets, blotted and minced
15 ml (1 tbsp) capers, rinsed and blotted
50 ml (1/4 cup) flat parsley, minced
30 ml (2 tbsp) 35% cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
24 slices baguette, toasted
Olive oil, as required
3 green onions, sliced thinly
Shaved Parmesan, to taste
- In a skillet, wilt the onion and garlic in the butter. Add the chicken livers and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the wine and cook for about 10 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated, crushing the livers with a fork.
- Add the anchovies, capers, parsley and cream, and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Purée the mixture in a food processor, adding a few drops of cream, if necessary.. Transfer to a bowl.
- Brush the toasted bread slices with a little oil and spread with the liver mixture.
- Garnish with green onions and Parmesan shavings.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2532