Butternut Bread Pudding
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
500 ml (2 cups) butternut squash, in 2 cm / 3/4” cubes
750 ml (3 cups) Italian bread with a dense crumb, sliced, buttered and cut in cubes
60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
125 ml (1/2 cup) toasted pine nuts
125 ml (1/2 cup) golden raisins
500 ml (2 cups) 10% cream
250 ml (1 cup) milk
180 ml (3/4 cup) brown sugar
2 ml (1/2 tsp) grated nutmeg
- Steam the squash for 10 minutes, until just al dente. Set aside.
- Butter a 20 cm (8 in) baking dish. Arrange the bread, squash, pine nuts and raisins in the dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over the bread, cover and let sit on the counter for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Uncover and bake in a bain-marie, in the centre of the oven, for about 45 minutes.
- Cool a few minutes before serving.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2576