Bruschetta with Three Peppers, Tuna and Bella Lodi Cheese
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
4 x 1 1/2 cm ( 4 x 1 1/2 inch) slices crusty white bread
60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
1 garlic clove, cut in half
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
60 ml (1/4 cup) red onion, finely chopped
2 ml (1/2 tsp) anchovy paste
10 ml (2 tsp.) lemon juice
60 ml (1/4 cup each) each red, yellow and green pepper, diced
270 g (9 oz) canned tuna, drained
salt and pepper to taste
15 ml (1 tbsp) dried oregano
250 ml (1 cup) Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Brush both sides of bread slices with olive oil. Place on a cookie sheet and bake 5 minutes until golden.
- Remove bread from oven and rub tops with garlic gloves halves. Set aside.
- Combine oil, garlic, red onion, anchovy paste and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add peppers and drained tuna. Add salt and pepper to taste, then stir in oregano.
- Spread mixture over toasted bread slices and top with cheese shavings.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2182